Photography by John and Kathleen DeMajo

1025 Napoleon Ave., New Orleans, LA.
The Wicks console as it appeared just prior to Hurricane Katrina
Photo on the right (courtesy of James Stettner of Seattle) is the original 1880's appearance of the organ in its installed state by Pilcher. Since that time, the organ has been modified by the The Aeolian Company (Aeolian Opus #1678), the Wicks Company (Wicks Opus #1980) and others. The present installation also contains an added antiphonal organ containing a portion of the pipe work from the Aeolian organ formerly in the S.H. Kress store on Canal Street in downtown New Orleans.

Return to New Orleans Churches Index