Photography by John and Kathleen DeMajo
ORIGINAL SAINTS PETER AND PAUL CATHOLIC CHURCH BUILDING
Pearl River, Louisiana (1904) (Now a private residence)
HISTORY: The building above served as Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church in Pearl River, LA. from its construction in 1904 until it was replaced in 1958. In 1920, the building was physically moved from its original location to the present location approximately one-half mile away. Moving was accomplished by rolling the building on logs with oxen providing the motive power. In the 1990's, after much deterioration both by the elements and vagrants, the building was purchased and converted into a private residence. It remains as such today.
Return to New Orleans Churches Index