CHURCHES IN NATCHITOCHES, LOUISIANA
Natchitoches, located just off the Interstate 49 corridor between Shreveport and Alexandria, is Louisiana's original French colony. The historic district of Natchitoches includes over fifty buildings dating back more than one-hundred years. It has been designated a National Historic Landmark by the U.S. Department of the Interior. The shop buildings and houses are laiden with cast iron grill work, and balconies or galleries which overlook the Cane River Lake. Visitors to Natchitoches will see a town which is very reminicent of the days when the grand south and cotton production were of prominence in the economy. Like most southern cities, Natchitoches residents were religious. A number of church congregations in the area date back before the Civil War.
CATHOLIC CHURCH (1853) recently
elevated to a Minor Basilica
Click images to see enlarged photo
TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH
Return to New Orleans Churches Index