Photography by John DeMajo and Kathleen DeMajo Adams

(On the campus of Loyola University in New Orleans)
6367 St. Charles Ave, (across from Audubon Park), New Orleans, LA

Holy Name Of Jesus Catholic Church was originally home to Kilgen Organ Opus 5199 built in the era of 1930. Later, it was replaced by a large Wicks Organ built in 1947. That instrument was replaced, in the early 1990s by an Allen digital organ.

The Wicks instrument was still functioning at the time. Upon its removal, a major portion of the instrument was reinstalled in Woodland Presbyterian Church in Algiers, LA. Other components and pipes from the organ were used in construction of the organ built for Chapel Of The Holy Comforter on the campus of the University Of New Orleans, and for a portativ organ that was used by numerous New Orleans musical groups in the late 1990's. Shown below is the original contract with Wicks. Please click on each page to see a larger, more legible view.

Return to New Orleans Churches Index